Beef and broccoli are such classic, easy-to-work-with ingredients, so why do we hear about people ordering it more often than making it at home? Maybe because we all just haven’t found the right easy, slow-cooker recipe— until now! This recipe is the perfect dish to enjoy on a cold winter’s night and to fill hungry bellies after a long day of work. Just watch.
Follow us on Pinterest >> Tip Hero
Beef & Broccoli in Slow Cooker
Serves 4 to 6
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 5 hours 10 minutes
– 2 pounds beef chuck roast, sliced into thin strips, cut across the grain
– 2 cups beef broth
– 2 tablespoons sesame oil
– 2 tablespoons garlic, minced
– ½ teaspoon chili flakes
– 1 cup soy sauce
– ⅔ cup brown sugar, packed
– ⅓ cup cornstarch
– 4 cups broccoli florets, steamed
– White rice, cooked
- Add the beef broth, sesame oil, garlic, chili flakes, soy sauce, brown sugar and cornstarch to the bowl of a slow cooker. Stir to combine.
- Add the sliced beef and mix until completely coated with sauce.
- Cover with the lid and cook on high for 3 to 4 hours – or on low for 5 to 6 hours – until the meat is cooked through and tender. (Remember that slow cooker temperatures vary between each cooker, so cooking times may vary.) Remove the lid approximately 30 minutes before the meat is done to allow sauce to thicken.
- Add the steamed broccoli and serve hot over rice.
Easy, hearty and delicious! What do you think? How would you make this recipe your own?
Recipe adapted from Table for Two