Here’s a great recipe from Beth over at Budget Bytes. You can use this recipe as an appetizer, snack or side dish. It can be prepared and ready to go in less than half an hour and 12 servings should cost you less than $6 total!
This is what you’ll need:
- One large loaf of French bread
- One 8 oz. jar of pesto
- 3 medium roma tomatoes
- 1.5 cups shredded mozzarella
- Step 1: Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Slice the French bread in half lengthwise and open like a sandwich roll. Cut each half into 6 or 8 slices depending on how wide you’d like each piece of toast.
- Step 2: Line a baking sheet with foil to protect the sheet from fallen melting cheese. Smear 1 tbsp of pesto onto each slice of toast. Slice the tomatoes and place two slices on each piece of toast. Top each piece with 1/4 cup of cheese.
- Step 3: Bake the toast in the oven for 10-15 minutes or until cheese is melted and toast is brown around the edges.
Voila! An easy, delicious appetizer. And it’s as easy as 1-2-3. Check out pesto cheese toast $5.80 recipe/$0.48 serving for the full article with detailed pictures of each step.