The most important ingredient for one of the easiest homemade candies we’ve ever seen is also one of the most unexpected: saltine crackers! It sounds crazy, but once that layer of salty crackers gets topped with rich caramel, chocolate and nuts, it’s a treat to die for. It comes together so easily, and once your friends and family get one bite, they won’t be able to stop. Don’t believe us? Then check out this video from Tasty Food, where Lori Nolan stops by to show us how it’s made.
– 40 saltine crackers (about 1 tube)
– 1 cup (2 sticks) butter (either salted or unsalted; do not use margarine)
– 1 cup + 2 tablespoons firmly-packed light brown sugar
– 1 bag semisweet chocolate chips
– ½ to ¾ cup toasted chopped pecans (or toasted chopped almonds)
Easy and addictive! Head over to Tasty Food for the written recipe and more information on this treat, and let us know if you give it a try! Have you ever made saltine cracker candy before?