Nothing says “game day” like a table full of snacks. But if you want to serve up a platter of something that will stun when it comes to both presentation and flavor, these #snackgenius salami and cream cheese roll-ups are the snack that you’ve been looking for.
Most appetizers that involve some kind of chip also usually involve some kind of dip. But with our tasty little bites, the good stuff is already perfectly placed atop Snack Factory® Pretzel Crisps®. In just one bite, you’ll enjoy the crunch of those Snack Factory® Pretzel Crisps®, the creaminess of the cream cheese, the tang from the veggies, and the salty flavor from the salami – no dipping required!
We also love the fact that pulling this appetizer together is not only a breeze — it’s fun! With the help of some plastic wrap, you simply roll out some cold cream cheese to start. Then, just layer your remaining ingredients before rolling the whole thing back up in the plastic wrap. When it’s time for the big game, pull your roll out of the fridge and slice it up into 1/2” pieces. Place those pieces atop Snack Factory® Pretzel Crisps® and you’re good to go. Just don’t expect your snack to hang around on that game day table for too long!
Follow us on Pinterest >> Tip Hero
Salami & Cream Cheese Roll-Ups
Prep Time: 10 Minutes
Total Time: 4 Hours 10 Minutes
- 8 oz cream cheese* refrigerated
- ½ lb. salami, thinly sliced
- ⅓ Cup pepperoncini, thinly sliced
- ⅓ Cup green olives with pimento, thinly sliced
- ⅓ Cup sweet & spicy red cherry peppers, thinly sliced
- Snack Factory® Pretzel Crisps® – Original Flavor
- Place a large piece of plastic wrap on a clean surface. Place the cold cream cheese in the center of the plastic wrap lengthwise, and cover with another piece of wrap of the same size. With a rolling pin, roll the cream cheese out into an even, thin rectangle, about ¼” thick. (While rolling the cream cheese out, the top layer of plastic may get pulled under the cream cheese. Periodically, pull the plastic taught and continue to roll until an even layer is reached.)TipHero
- Carefully, peel the top layer of plastic wrap away from the cream cheese, working from the edges toward the center of the cream cheese.* Add the salami, approximately 6 rows of 5 slices each, overlapping each piece and row until the cream cheese is completely covered. Place another piece of plastic wrap over the salami and gently press the salami into the cream cheese. Carefully, flip the salami and cream cheese over so the cream cheese is facing up. Again, carefully peel the plastic wrap away from the cream cheese, working from the edges toward the center of the cream cheese.*
- Add the toppings in thirds over the cream cheese in a thin layer (⅓ pepperoncini, ⅓ green olive, ⅓ red cherry pepper), or choose one flavor and cover the entire layer of cream cheese with it.TipHero
- Roll the salami. Fold the outer edge over the cream cheese and roll the meat toward you. Roll the meat as tightly as possible to avoid air pockets within the roll. Use the plastic wrap to help evenly roll the salami. Pull it tight as you roll. Wrap the roll in the plastic and refrigerate for 2 – 4 hours or until ready to serve. When ready to serve, slice the meat roll into thin slices, about ⅓” – ½” thick, and place on Snack Factory® Pretzel Crisps® – Original Flavor.
Make sure the cream cheese is cold when beginning to roll out; otherwise, it may stick to the plastic wrap when it is being removed. If the cream cheese does stick to the plastic, place meat and cream cheese on a baking sheet and place in the freezer for a few minutes to help firm it back up. Then try to remove the plastic, working from the edges toward the center of the cream cheese.