When you think of chicken wings, you probably think of barbecue or Buffalo wings, right? While we love those dishes as much as the next person, we thought it was time to expand our appetizer-worthy chicken wing horizons— and so did Tasty Food. Their answer? Root beer! The unexpected ingredient gives these wings a unique flavor, and the slow cooker they’re cooked in makes the whole recipe super-easy. Check it out!
– 3 pounds chicken wings
– 2 teaspoons salt
– 2 teaspoons pepper
– 1 cup barbecue sauce, plus more to taste for brushing
– One 16.9 fluid ounce bottle root beer
– Brown sugar, to taste
- Spray your slow cooker pot with cooking spray.
- Season the chicken wings with salt and pepper.
- Add the chicken wings, barbecue sauce and root beer to the crock pot. Cover and cook on low for 4 hours.
- Line a baking tray with parchment paper.
- Remove the wings from the slow cooker and place on the tray.
- Brush the wings with the additional barbecue sauce and sprinkle with some brown sugar.
- Put under your broiler for 8 to 10 minutes.
Clever AND easy! It’s so great to have a chicken wing recipe beyond Buffalo wings or regular barbecue. What do you think of them? Will you try this recipe? Have you ever cooked with root beer before?