When you first look at this beautiful beach landscape, it might take you a minute to realize that this is actually a cake with intricate frosting. When you look a little closer, you might notice that this cake isn’t a cake at all – they’re pull-apart cupcakes in disguise! Not only are they pull-apart cupcakes, they’re pull-apart cupcakes IN ice cream cones. This is the ultimate cake for your next summer party; it’s the perfect theme, presents beautifully, and is great for your guests to just grab and go! Plus, how impressive will you look when you put this out on the dessert spread? And, honestly, this cupcake “cake” is SO much easier to make than it looks…but your guests don’t need to that.
This pull-apart cake is great for a kids’ party of an adult barbecue! It’s a delicious, festive, and fun dessert for all ages.
The best part about this creative dessert is that you can decorate it whatever you want it to be. We love this beach setting, complete with Teddy Grahams tanning and enjoying the water, palm trees, and mini umbrellas. But you can feel free to turn this into any edible landscape you want! You can use any candies you want to get any effect, so let your imagination run free.
What do you think of this creative dessert? Share your thoughts in the comments section below.
Pull-Apart Beach Cupcakes
- Vanilla cupcake batter
- Ice cream cones
- Vanilla frosting
- Blue food coloring
- Graham cracker crumbs
- Rock candy
- Teddy Grahams
- Gummy rings
- Swedish Fish
- Flat taffy
- Lime gummies
- Pretzel rods
- In a muffin tin, put an ice cream cone in each spot. Fill each with vanilla cupcake batter.
- Bake 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 18-20 minutes.
- Mix your vanilla frosting with blue food dye, adding more until you get the color you want. Use a little blue frosting to glue your cones to a cake tray, then use the rest to frost the tops of your cupcakes.
- Cover half of the cupcakes in graham cracker crumbs (to look like sand), use icing to separate the two, then use rock candy on the “water” side of the frosting.
- Make your little decorations by putting Teddy Grahams in gummy tubes, laying out Teddy Grahams on “towels” of taffy, adding little drink umbrellas, and making gummy and pretzel palm trees.