With the holidays around the corner, we’re all on the lookout for new sweet treats to bake up for our loved ones. And let’s face it; we don’t really even need the holidays as an excuse to make deliciously sweet treats like these. For this recipe, we teamed up with our friends over at Snack Factory®. With some help from their snack genius Snack Factory® Pretzel Crisps®, we added a salty twist to a sweet classic. This is toffee bark like you’ve never tried before, and we’re certain that this recipe will become one that you make over and over again for eager friends and family members, throughout the holidays and long afterwards.
Pretzel Toffee Bark
Prep Time: 15 Minutes
Total Time: 1 Hour
- 1 bag Snack Factory® Pretzel Crisps® – Original Flavor
- 1 Cup unsalted butter
- 1 Cup packed dark brown sugar
- 2-¼ Cups dark chocolate chips
- 2 Tbsp. chopped toasted pecans
- Preheat oven to 350℉ / 175℃. Line a rimmed 9×13” sheet pan with aluminum foil, allow excess foil to come up and over the edges of the pan. Place a sheet of parchment paper on top of the foil.
- Line the sheet pan with roughly 25 crisps, placed snugly next to each other. Set aside.
- In a medium saucepan, combine the brown sugar and butter. Stir constantly with a whisk over medium heat until the mixture comes to a boil. Boil for 3 minutes until thick and foamy. Pour hot toffee mixture over the prepared crisps and evenly spread with a spatula. Place sheet pan in the oven and bake for 10 minutes or until the toffee is bubbling and crackled all over.
- Place pan on a wire rack and while still hot evenly sprinkle 2 cups chocolate chips over the top. Allow 3 – 5 minutes for the chocolate to melt before spreading out in an even layer with a thin spatula. Place 12 Snack Factory® Pretzel Crisps®, face-side up and evenly spaced on a slight angle, on top of the melted chocolate. Sprinkle with the chopped pecans.
- In a small microwave-safe bowl add the remaining ¼ cup chocolate chips and microwave on high in intervals of 20 seconds until melted. Using a spoon, drizzle melted chocolate, at an angle, over the chopped nuts and crisps.
- Refrigerate for 45 minutes before lifting from the pan. Remove foil and parchment paper before cutting. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
This is a sponsored post, paid for by our partner, Snack Factory®.