Tired of making a flag cake every Fourth of July like everybody else in the country? We were too! Luckily we found this idea from Everyday Food that brings the colors of Old Glory to an elegant, no-bake dessert.
–15 graham crackers (8 ounces)
–1 stick unsalted butter, melted
–3 tablespoons granulated sugar
–2 bars (8 ounces each) cream cheese, room temperature
–3/4 cup confectioners’ sugar
–1 cup Greek yogurt (full-fat)
–2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
–1 cup heavy cream, whipped
–2 cups fresh berries (strawberries, blueberries and blackberries, or whatever is in season)
- In a food processor, pulse the graham crackers until finely ground. You should end up with about 2 cups.
- Add the butter, 2 tablespoons of granulated sugar and 1/4 teaspoon salt. and pulse until combined.
- Press the crumbs evenly onto the bottom and 1 inch up the sides of a 9-inch springform pan.
- In a large bowl, use an electric mixer on high to beat the cream cheese for about 3 minutes, until fluffy.
- Add the confectioners’ sugar, yogurt, vanilla, and a pinch of salt, and beat until smooth.
- With a rubber spatula, fold in the whipped cream.
- Pour the cream cheese mixture into the crust and smooth the top.
- Cover and refrigerate until firm, at least 8 hours or overnight.
- Combine the berries and remaining 1 tablespoon granulated sugar, and let stand for 15 minutes.
- Run a knife around the edge of the cake, and release sides to remove from pan.
- Top with the berries and juices.
Yum! This dessert looks so refreshing and delicious. I love that you can make this all season and change up the different fruits on top depending on what’s in season. Will you give this one a try? What berries would you choose to top this no-bake cheesecake?