Think of the perfect summer treat. Are you imagining something frozen, sweet, creamy and, above all, ORANGE? Us too! After all, who can resist a perfect orange creamsicle? Not anybody we know, that’s for sure. While there’s something to be said for the nostalgia of running to the ice cream truck to get one, we’re going one better and not only making them ourselves, we’re turning them into bite-sized bars. It’s so easy, so delicious, and SO tempting. Your summers are about to get so much better. Just watch.
Follow us on Pinterest >> Tip Hero
ORANGE CREAMSICLE BARS
– 1 ½ cups of graham crackers, crushed
– ½ cup butter, melted
– 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
– 1 ½ cups cream cheese
– 14 ounces sweetened condensed milk
– 2 tablespoons orange zest
– 1 cup orange juice
– ½ teaspoon orange extract
– ⅓ cup confectioner’s sugar
– 1 cup very cold heavy whipping cream
– Canned mandarin orange segments, for topping (optional)
- Line an 8-inch-by-8-inch pan with foil and spray with non-stick spray.
- Stir the graham crackers, butter and granulated sugar together until fully mixed and slightly crumbly. Press the mixture firmly into the bottom of the pan to create the crust. Place the pan in the freezer while you make the creamsicle filling.
- In a large bowl, whip the cream cheese and condensed milk together with a hand mixer until thoroughly combined.
- Mix in the orange zest, orange juice and orange extract.
- In a separate medium bowl, whip the heavy whipping cream and confectioner’s sugar together with a hand mixer, preferably using a whip attachment if you have on. Start on low speed and, as it thickens, gradually increase to the highest speed. Whip until the cream forms firm peaks.
- Fold the cream into the orange-cream cheese mixture.
- Remove the crust from the freezer and pour the creamsicle mixture over top. Transfer back to the freezer for 4 hours or overnight, until completely frozen.
- Cut into 16 squares and top each with a mandarin orange segment, if desired. Store in the freezer.
How delicious do these bars look? Just imagine the reactions of your guests when you bring these out at the next barbecue! Have you ever tried making your own creamsicles before?