The body works in odd and mysterious ways, some of which we understand and some of which are still boggling scientist to this day. But if you can learn about and understand some of the body’s more interesting tricks, then it’s easy to hack your system — just like you would, say, hack a computer to get more out of it.
Here are a few strange but true body tricks that you have to try.
1. Stop Migrainesusing pressure points to relieve even the worst headache pain. According to LiveStrong, you’ll use your thumb and forefinger on one hand to apply pressure to the same webbed area (between your other thumb and forefinger) on your other hand. Press and hold for two minutes on each side, while rotating your fingers in a gentle, circular motion – this will allow blood to flow out of your head and neck, and will loosen any Ki, or “blocked energy.”
2. Make A Toothache Disappear In Second
It might sound weird, but this area is filled with nerve pathways that run pain signals from the face and hands to the brain, and the cool temperatures will block the messages of pain.
3. Soothe a Scratchy ThroatMen’s Health that the secret behind easing a scratchy throat is actually in your ear!
He explained, “When the nerves in the ear are stimulated, it creates a reflex in the throat that can cause a muscle spasm. This spasm relieves the tickle.” You’ll be glad to know THAT during cold and flu season.
4. Be Brave Giving Blood
5. Lessen the Chance of Burn Scars
6. Drain Your Stuffy Nosealternate pressing your tongue to the roof of your mouth and one finger against each of your eyebrows. This force against your vomer bone with cause it to rock back and forth, and will loosen any mucus.
Give it a few seconds to work – it should take about 20 seconds to clear up.