Is there any more luscious combination than strawberries and chocolate? I certainly can’t think of any, and with this no-bake treat from Home Cooking Adventure as an option, I don’t want to! Check it out!
– 32 Oreo cookies
– 1/2 cup butter, melted
– 7 ounces milk chocolate, chopped
– 3.5 ounces bittersweet chocolate, chopped
– 7 ounces heavy cream
– 10 ounces fresh strawberries
– Your favorite chopped nuts (optional)
- Place Oreo cookies into the bowl of a food processor and blend until crumbs form.
- Pour the melted butter over the crushed cookies and process until evenly moistened.
- Press the cookie mixture into the bottom and edges of a 5-by-14 inch rectangular tart pan with the back of the spoon. You can also use your fingers, if you need.
- Freeze the crust for a few minutes while you prepare the filling.
- In a small saucepan, heat cream over medium-low heat for just a few minutes. No boiling or simmering needed!
- Remove the cream from the heat and pour over the chopped chocolate in a small bowl.
- Let the cream and chocolate rest for 1 to 2 minutes, then stir until dissolved.
- Pour chocolate filling into the Oreo crust.
- Top with fresh strawberries and, if you want, chopped nuts.
- Refrigerate for at least 2 hours or overnight before serving.
This dessert just looks too delicious and elegant. What are you favorite ways to enjoy chocolate and strawberries? Which tarts do you like to make?