Spring feels a long way away right now, but that doesn’t mean we can’t get a jumpstart on dishes that taste like it. After all those heavy cakes and cookies, we’re craving something light and creamy— like this lemon cheesecake! The perfect combination of sweet and tart is so simple to make, and as a bonus, it’s no-bake! Give it a watch and give it a try.
Follow us on Pinterest >> Tip Hero
NO BAKE LEMON CHEESECAKE
Serves 3 generously, or 6 when cut in half.
– 12 sheets (about 5 1/2 ounces) regular or cinnamon graham crackers (Gingersnaps or amoretti would be great, too!)
– ½ cup unsalted butter, melted
– 2 – 8-ounce blocks cream cheese, softened to room temperature
– 1 – 14-ounce can sweetened condensed milk
– ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
– Zest of 2 lemons
– 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- Spray three 5-inch mini springform pans with nonstick spray.
- In a food processor, grind-up the graham crackers into fine crumbs. Add the melted butter and pulse until the mixture comes together in a ball.
- Divide the crust between the mini pans and press it firmly into the bottoms. Put the pans in the freezer while you prepare the filling.
- Whip the cream cheese with a hand mixer until light and fluffy. Add the sweetened condensed milk, adding a little at a time to prevent the cream cheese from clumping.
- Mix in the lemon juice, lemon zest and vanilla extract.
- Divide the mixture among the springform pans. You should have just enough to fill each one to the top.
- Refrigerate for at least 4 to 6 hours, or overnight.
- Top with fresh blueberries or raspberries before serving.
Remember that no-bake cheesecakes will never be as firm as a baked cheesecake, so don’t worry if yours is a little jiggly. The flavor is spot-on, despite being a slightly softer consistency!
This recipe should also work with a regularly-sized springform pan. It might take a little longer to set, but if yours is in the fridge overnight, there’s no need to worry!