We’ve got the scoop on how to make a homemade frozen treat in 10 minutes with only 5 ingredients — and it’s easy as pie! This yummy ice cream pie has a crunchy chocolate Rice Krispie crust filled with a generous layer of cool mint chip ice cream, decorated with cookie crumbles, and drizzled with hot fudge.
Think of this as a super simplified recipe for grasshopper pie, minus all of the tempering, whisking, and creme de menthe. Instead, we use your favorite chocolate chip mint ice cream for a minty blast of flavor, then double-down on the chocolateyness with a light and crispy crust that’s spectacularly simple to whip up with just Rice Krispies and chocolate chips melted in the microwave.
You know we love no-bake desserts because they mean we can still look forward to something sweet without having to even go near the oven. You’ll have this ice cream pie made is less time than it would take you to drive to the ice cream shop and buy one.
Mint Chip Ice Cream Pie
Makes 8 – 10 servings
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 2 hour 15 minutes
- ¾ cup chocolate chips, melted
- 3 cups crisped rice cereal (such as Rice Krispies)
- 2 pints mint chip ice cream, slightly softened
- chocolate sauce or hot fudge sauce (optional decoration)
- crushed chocolate sandwich cookies (such as Oreos — optional decoration)
- In a large bowl, stir the melted chocolate chips with the crisped rice cereal until the cereal is completely coated in chocolate. Use a rubber spatula to press the mixture into an even layer on the bottom of a 9-inch round springform pan, and up the sides of the pan about an inch to create a crust.
- Freeze until firm, about 5 to 10 minutes.
- Spread the softened mint chip ice cream into the prepared crust. Cover and freeze it for at least 2 hours, or until firm.
- Remove the pie from the pan and cut it into slices. If desired, serve it with chocolate sauce or hot fudge drizzled on top and decorate it with crushed chocolate sandwich cookies.
Recipe adapted from Real Simple.