It doesn’t feel like it now, but spring IS coming, and for us, that means we start to crave light and refreshing treats. When those treats are tiny enough to enjoy in only one or two bites, we immediately fall in love! That’s what happened when we discovered these miniature banana cream pies, an easy dessert that comes together quickly and tastes like a dream. Check them out and start dreaming of warmer days with us.
Follow us on Pinterest >> Tip Hero
MINI BANANA CREAM PIES
Makes 36 mini pies
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 2 hours 20 minutes
– 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
– 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
– ½ cup + 1 tablespoon milk
– 3.4 ounce box instant vanilla pudding
– 4 to 5 ripe bananas
– 2 tablespoons orange juice
– 72 mini Nilla Wafers
- Place 36 mini muffin liners in each cup of 2 to 3 mini muffin pans. Place one miniature Nilla Wafer in the bottom of each liner.
- Beat the cream cheese and the sugar together with an electric mixer. Scrape the sides and bottom of the bowl, then slowly add the milk and beat until smooth.
- Very slowly beat in the instant pudding mix. Scrape the sides again and beat for 2 to 3 minutes until smooth. Spoon the pudding mixture into a large piping bag with a wide tip.
- Pipe a dollop of pudding into the bottom of each muffin liner.
- Peel and cut the bananas into thin rounds. Place one banana slice in each muffin cup, pressing down into the pudding. Pipe more pudding over the top and tap pans to allow the filling to settle.
- Quickly toss the remaining banana slices in orange juice and drain immediately. (This will help prevent them from turning brown.) Place the drained banana slices and a miniature Nilla Wafer on top of each pie.
- Refrigerate the pies for at least 2 hours before serving.
Sweet, light and easy— what could be better? What do you think? Have you ever made miniature banana cream pies before?
Recipe slightly adapted from A Spicy Perspective