I mean, need we say more? This ridiculous recipe combines two American favorites into one sinfully great pie. You may have had stuffed crust pizza before, but we’re betting you’ve never tried something like this Oh Bite It recipe.
Here’s what you need to make this extra cheesy creation:
-2 containers of Pillsbury thin crust Pizza dough (Or make your own dough)
-8-10 slices of single slices of cheese (Oh Bite It used Velveeta, but any melting cheeses will work)
-1 cup shredded Mozzarella
-3/4 cup sauce
-1 tsp butter, melted
-a dash of Oregano or Italian seasoning
-a 9″ pizza pan
And here’s what you do:
- Lay one of the pizza crusts out onto your pizza pan. Trim up edges so that you leave a circular 1″ border around the pan.
- Combine egg and butter in a small bowl. Mix until blended and set aside.
- Layer the cheese slices between the dough.
- Place the other pizza crust on top of the cheese layer and and trim it to fit. Turn up extra edges of both crusts to form pizza crust.
- Brush top dough generously with butter/egg mixture.
- Bake this in the oven for about 15 minutes, or until the crust turns a golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and top dough with sauce. Then add a sprinkle of Oregano and cheese. Add pepperoni and/or any other pizza toppings you’d like.
- Pop pizza back into the oven for about 10 minutes to melt the pizza top.
- Remove from the oven and let cool. Slice it up and serve to those who are anxiously awaiting!