When people ask us what our favorite type of food is, we’re always torn between two: Italian and Mexican. Though the two initially seem like they’re worlds apart, when we really think about it, they have a lot in common, especially the inclusion of lots of tomatoes and cheese. So it makes sense for them to come together in one exciting dish: Mexican Pizza! Watch to see how to give the old favorite a south-of-the-border twist.
Follow us on Pinterest >> Tip Hero
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Total Time: 15 minutes
– 1 cup refried beans
– 4 – 6-inch flour tortillas
– ⅓ cup red enchilada sauce
– 1 medium tomato, diced
– ⅔ cup shredded cheddar cheese blend
– 2 green onions, chopped
– Cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Spray a hot skillet with cooking spray. Brown and crisp the tortillas on both sides. Reserve for later.
- Heat the refried beans.
- Place 2 of the browned tortillas on a sheet pan and spread half of the heated refried beans onto each tortilla. Place the remaining tortillas on top of the beans.
- Pour and evenly spread half of the enchilada sauce on top of each tortilla. Top each with half the tomato and ⅓ cup cheese, then sprinkle half the green onion on each.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes, or until the cheese has melted. Allow to sit a few minutes before cutting and serving.
Yum! We can’t wait to bite into this one. What do you think? Which other Mexican and Italian dishes would you like to see come together?
Recipe inspiration from Domestic Superhero