Maple Cinnamon Roasted Butternut Squash
Here’s a great recipe for roasted butternut squash. You can prepare traditioanl butternut squash or make things a little sweeter adding maple syrup and cinnamon. Follow our instructions below for the easiest way to peel butternut suqash. This is a dish you can throw together with just a few minutes of prep time.
8 cups butternut squash (cubed, peeled and seeded, about 3 lbs of peeled cubes)
2 tbsps extra-virgin olive oil
1/2 tsp salt
2 pinches cayenne
2 tbsps maple syrup
1/2 tsp cinnamon
Pre-heat your oven to 425 and bake for aproximately 30 minutes. Roast until the largest pieces are tender the whole way through.
The quickest way to peel a butternut squash is to employ the following method:
- Poke some holes in your squash, all the way around, with a fork.
- Slice off the top and bottom of the squash.
- Put your squash in the microwave and cook for 3 1/2 minutes.
- Let your squash cool, then peel the skin using a veggie peeler or knife. The skin should come off very easily (hooray!)
- Cut your squash open and scoop out the pulp and seeds.
- Prepare and cook however you’d like! And keep in mind that you won’t have to cook it as long because you already cooked it a little in the microwave.