The best summer desserts are light, sweet and easy. These Lemon Curd Flower Tarts are all of those things— and they’re adorable! It really doesn’t get any better than these tiny treats. You can make them using homemade pie crust or pre-made crust from the grocery store, and all you need beyond that are some lemon curd and blueberries. The results are so pretty, your guests will think you spent all day on them. Just watch how easy they are, then whip some up to add some delight to your tongue and your tablescape.
Follow us on Pinterest >> Tip Hero
LEMON CURD FLOWER TARTS
Makes 15 mini tarts
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes
- 1 unbaked pie crust
- 1 jar lemon curd
- 1 tablespoon confectioners’ sugar
- Mini muffin pan
- Flower cookie cutter
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit (190 degrees Celsius).
- On a lightly-floured surface, roll out the pie dough to ⅛ inch thick. Using the cookie cutter, cut out as many flowers as possible. Reroll the scraps and cut more flowers as needed. You should be able to get 12 to 15 flowers.
- Center each flower over alternating cups of the mini muffin pan, leaving an empty cup in between each flower. Gently push the dough down into the bottom of the cups and against the sides.
- Prick the bottoms of each unbaked shell twice with a fork.
- Bake for 7 to 8 minutes, until golden brown. Remove to a plate to cool.
- Fill each baked shell with a 1 to 2 teaspoons of lemon curd.
- Place a blueberry into the center of each flower and dust with confectioners’ sugar.
Adorable and easy?! Does it get any better? We absolutely adore these tarts. Give them a try and tell us what YOU think!
Recipe adapted from The 350 Degree Oven