This recipe brings back some serious childhood memories! Although my grandma would use ricotta cheese, this lemon cottage cheese bake looks exactly like the Easter dessert she would make every year. Whether you’d like to bring back some fond old memories or make some new ones, this lemon-cheese bake is the perfect dessert to make Easter memorable. This warm pastry with it’s flaky outside and sweet, cheesy inside is a delicious dessert on it’s own. Add some lemon zest and you have a flavorful Easter dessert your dinner guests will love! Hopefully, this recipe will bring back as many great memories for you as it did for me! Watch the video below for all the ingredients and baking instructions.
– 1 Egg
– Fast acting yeast
– Vanilla extract
– Cottage cheese or ricotta cheese
2. Add yeast to the milk, leave for a few minutes to bubble.
3. Add cottage cheese, sugar, egg, vanilla extract, lemon juice and zest. Mix.
4. Add melted butter and 1/2 flour to the yeast extract. Mix to form a dough.
5 Put dough on floured surface, knead a bit then put it back in your bowl and let it rise.
6. Add more flour on top before rolling out dough on floured surface. Put cottage cheese filling in the center of the dough.
7. Cut the outside edges of the dough and fold it in, so it almost resembles a braid.
8. Put the pastry on a baking sheet lined with wax paper and brush an egg wash on the top of the pastry.
9. Bake for 20 minutes until you see that it is a golden brown color.