Have you ever had a Kentucky Hot Brown sandwich before? If not, you are missing OUT— but there’s an easy fix with THIS easy recipe. This version of the all-American classic serves up its warm layers of turkey and bacon between slices of pizza dough, with cheese and tomato to take it all to that next level. It’s the perfect dish to try as we wait out these last few weeks of winter. Check it out!
Follow us on Pinterest >> Tip Hero
Kentucky Hot Brown Sandwich
1 roll refrigerated pizza dough
1-pound package smoked turkey lunch meat
8 slices cooked bacon
8 slices Swiss cheese
3 Roma tomatoes, sliced thin
2 eggs, beaten
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit (180 degrees Celsius).
- Unroll the pizza dough and cut in half.
- Place one piece of the pizza dough in the bottom of an 8-inch pan. Press the dough to the edges, covering the entire bottom of the pan.
- Layer with half the turkey, bacon, and cheese, and all of the tomato.
- Repeat the layers of turkey, bacon and cheese.
- Top with the remaining piece of pizza dough.
- Pour the beaten eggs over the top.
- Bake for 30 minutes, until golden brown.
- Let cool slightly, then cut into four squares and enjoy.
How good does THAT look? Do you think you’ll give this version of the classic hot sandwich a try? What other ways do you like to enjoy Kentucky Hot Browns?