Just when we think we’ve seen every tomato sauce variation there is, a new one comes along to get us excited about pasta all over again! It’s not that this recipe from Donal Skehan is using unusual ingredients – although we love that he’s using cherry tomatoes instead of regular ones! – but rather that the way he’s bringing them together release a flavor palette that’s more intense, caramelized, a little sweet and totally delicious. Watch how it all comes together and give it a try.
– 2 cups (7 ounces/200 grams) whole wheat penne
– 1 large bulb of garlic
– 2 cups (10 ounces/300 grams) cherry tomatoes
– 1 large red onion
– 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
– 2 tablespoons olive oil
– 1 good pinch sea salt and ground black pepper
– 1 large handful grated Parmesan cheese
– 1 small handful basil leaves
How great does that roasted sauce look? Grab the full recipe on Donal Skehan’s site and tell us if you give it a try!