Febreeze is a great quick fix for any unpleasant odors that crop up in carpets, blankets, fabrics, etc. Instead of buying the brand stuff, however, you can make it yourself on the cheap. Instructables offers a step by step guide for making your own miracle freshener. Take a look:
- Get an empty spray bottle
- Add 1 1/2 cups of water to the bottle
- Add one tablespoon of baking soda
- Add 1-2 tablespoons of your favorite fabric softener (Instructables doesn’t say this, but why not use a homemade fabric softener to save even more money?)
- Shake all of the ingredients well, and be sure to shake before every use
Now you’re ready to use your homemade Febreeze on smelly surfaces! Head over to Homemade “Febreeze” for more detailed instructions.