It’s summertime! Which means, for caffeine addicts everywhere, it’s the season of iced coffee! And what a glorious season it is. If you’re a coffee lover, you know that nothing is more refreshing in the summer months than a cold mug of cold brew coffee. Looking to save a couple bucks? Then don’t run out to the coffee shop to get your fix! You can make your own delicious batch of cold brew coffee right at home with this simple recipe from the One Pot Chef. Watch the video below to see how.
Cold brew coffee (oftentimes called cold press coffee) is a wildly popular trend in the coffee-loving community. No other coffee drink has as much bold flavor paired with such smooth, refreshing sweetness.
And if you think the only way you can get your hands on this java perfection is at a pricey coffee house, you couldn’t be more wrong. Cold brew, despite how fancy it may seem, is dirt cheap to make at home.
And guess what? It’s just as delicious on your back porch as it is in Starbucks.
What do you think of this coffee recipe? Share your thoughts in the comments section below.
COLD BREW COFFEE
- Into a jug, put your coffee grounds and your cold water. Mix thoroughly.
- Cover with plastic wrap and leave the coffee to sit on the counter for 12 hours.
- Over another jug, strain the coffee through a strainer slowly. Use a coffee filter to get out all the coffee grounds.
- Put the coffee concentrate in the fridge for five hours to set.
- To serve, start by putting ice in a cup. Put the concentrate over the ice. Add any sweeteners you want. Finish with milk, cream, or water.