Here’s a great, sparkly play dough to make for kids of any age. Everyone loves play dough, but they’re sure to love the extra sparkle that comes along with this stuff. Take a look at how you can make your own glitter play dough courtesy of Tikkido:
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup salt
- 2 cups water
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 teaspoon cream of tartar
- food coloring (your choice)
Here’s how you do it:
- To evenly distribute the color, add your food coloring to your water.
- Combine flour, salt, colored water, oil and cream of tartar in a large saucepan. Cook this mixture over medium heat until it turns to a playdough consistency. Stir constantly while heating.
- Take dough out of the saucepan and let it sit until cool. Once able, flatten the paydough on the counter and sprinkle with glitter. Thoroughly knead the glitter into the dough.
- Store in airtight containers. This recipe should yield up to 4 jam jars.