I have discovered a wonderful easy way to make homemade bar soap for the bath or hands. Yes, in the blender or food processor. I can make a batch in less than an hour.
Here’s my recipe:
- 19 oz of solid fat(lard,shortening or Crisco)
- 10 oz of coconut oil(100%,the kind you use to pop corn)
- 3 oz soybean oil(I used Act11 popcorn oil that is soybean oil)
- 2 tsp sea salt
- 7 oz rain water or soft water
- 4 oz coconut cream(I bought mine at the 99 cent store)
- 2 oz goat’s milk or half and half.
- 5 oz lye(use all precaution when handling lye)
place a glass or plastic container in a glass, plastic or stainless steel bowl in sink, add enough ice to bowl to cover outside bottom and pour in the 7 oz water, add the salt and stir with a plastic spoon to dissolve, gradually add the lye and stir.
Weigh the fats and oils and milks, melt any fat that is solid in microwave just until melted, stir. Go to sink and stir the lye water again.
Grease an 8×8 cake pan with Vaseline.
Pour the melted fats in the food processor and close lid.
Turn on to mix oils a few seconds, now slowly pour in your lye water, now pour in your milks. When mixture looks creamy and starts to thicken it’s time to pour it up. Pour into the pan.
I have a 14 cup food processor and this is the perfect recipe. If you have a smaller one, half the recipe. I got 15 really nice size bars of VERY mild and creamy soap. The lather is great! Only takes a couple of minutes to be ready.
When it starts to look creamy you can add color, scent(EO)I added Shea Butter to one batch and it’s wonderful but soft at first the other batch is very hard after one day. Let cure for 2 or 3 weeks. Good Luck