When it comes to pasta dishes – or just food in general – it doesn’t get much tastier than a classic chicken alfredo. Of course, it also doesn’t get much more indulgent or bad for us, either! What’s an alfredo addict to do? Try out this guilt-free version from POPSUGAR Food! They’re using one simple ingredient swap to keep the creaminess without the extra guilt, AND they’re only using one pot to do it. Watch, then read on to find out how to make this twist on a classic.
– 1 pound fettuccine noodles (Use whole wheat for an even healthier dish!)
– 1 small garlic clove, chopped
– 1 cup plain yogurt
– 1 tablespoon butter
– 1/2 teaspoon salt
– 1/4 teaspoon Italian seasoning
– 1/4 teaspoon red chili flakes
– 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
– Dash of pepper
– Dash of nutmeg
– 2 chicken breasts, grilled
- Bring a stockpot of water to a boil. Add the pasta and simmer according to the directions on the box.
- Chop the garlic and add it to the boiling water with the pasta.
- In a large mixing bowl, add the yogurt, salt, Italian seasoning, and red chili flakes. Give the mixture a stir.
- Once the noodles are cooked through, turn off the heat, strain, and return the noodles to the hot pot. Add the butter and toss so the pasta is coated.
- Carefully add the pasta to the yogurt mixture and stir until the sauce is evenly distributed.
- Sprinkle the pasta with the parmesan cheese and give it another toss.
- Serve with half a chicken breast on top, a sprinkle of parsley, extra cheese, a dusting of salt and pepper, and a hint of nutmeg.
Delicious! I can’t wait to give it a try and see how this yogurt sauce compares. What do YOU think of it? Do you have any ways of your own to make chicken alfredo healthier?