Grilling isn’t just for hot dogs and hamburgers, you know. You can make so much more than these staple items on the grill to get some surprisingly flavorful dishes! For instance, try a seafood favorite like shrimp. Shrimp isn’t great just as a raw cocktail, it also grills up perfectly for a light, delicious summertime meal! And using this simple but effective technique brought to us by Delish, you can grill your shrimp in half the time with double the flavor! Just watch the video below to see it yourself.
The coolest thing about this recipe is that it’s not just shrimp your making, you’re making an entire packet of goodies! All fresh foods that are perfect for summer combined in one packet to bring out all their amazing flavors.
This is the ultimate summer flavor combo all in one convenient piece of foil.
Best of all, this is a simple recipe that requires very little prep, very few ingredients, and essentially no clean up at all. It’s basically the lazy grillers’ guide to kicking it up a notch this summer.
What do you think of this grilling masterpiece? Share your thoughts in the comments section below.
GRILLED SHRIMP FOIL PACKETS
– 1 1/2 lb. large shrimp, peeled and deveined
– 2 cloves garlic, minced
– 2 smoked andouille sausages, thinly sliced
– 2 ears corn, each cut crosswise into 4 pieces
– 1 lb. red bliss potatoes, chopped into 1-in pieces
– 2 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
– 1 tbsp. Old Bay seasoning
– 1 lemon, sliced into thin wedges
– 4 tbsp. butter
– Kosher salt
– Freshly ground black pepper
– 2 tbsp. chopped fresh parsley leaves
2. Cut 4 sheets of foil about 12 inches long. Divide shrimp, garlic, sausage, corn, and potatoes evenly over the foil sheets. Drizzle with olive oil. Add the Old Bay seasoning and season to taste with salt and pepper. Toss gently to combine. Top each mixture with parsley, lemon and a tablespoon of butter each.
3. Fold the foil packets crosswise over the shrimp boil mixture to completely cover the food. Roll the top and bottom edges to seal them closed.
4. Place foil packets on the grill and cook until just cooked through, about 10-15 minutes.
5. Serve immediately.