The next time you have a craving for a warm, satisfying sandwich to heat you up when the weather turns cold, DON’T make one— make THIS Creamy Garlic Mushroom-Stuffed Bread instead! These loaves take garlic bread and sandwiches to a whole other level of delicious. The creamy mushroom filling cooks inside the loaves as they bake, and they’re topped with cheese that adds an ooey, gooey, totally tasty element. PLUS, they come together super quickly, and since you’re using miniature loaves, they’re the perfect portions for feeding the whole family. Watch to see how simply they come together, then read on for the full recipe and to give them a try.
Follow us on Pinterest >> Tip Hero
CREAMY GARLIC MUSHROOM-STUFFED BREAD
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
- 4 mini sourdough French bread loaves
- 4 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- ½ pound crimini mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped and divided
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit (200 degrees Celsius). Line a sheet pan with parchment paper.
- Use a sharp knife and cut a “V” through the top of each mini bread loaf, then partially hollow out the center of each loaf. Place the hollowed-out loaves on the prepared sheet pan.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the cream cheese, sour cream, mayonnaise, garlic, salt and pepper. Add the mushrooms, ¾ cup of the cheddar cheese, and 1 tablespoon of the parsley. Mix until just combined.
- Spoon the mushroom mixture into the prepared bread loaves, and top with the remaining cheddar cheese.
- Place the stuffed loaves in the oven and cook for 8 to 9 minutes. Then, increase the heat to broil and broil the stuffed bread until the cheese is golden brown.
- Allow the stuffed loaves to cool slightly before serving. The filling will be hot! Garnish with the remaining parsley.
How tempting do these stuffed loafs look?! That filling just looks utterly delectable, and the cheese just takes it to a whole other level of delicious. It really looks like the perfect thing to dive into as the weather starts to turn colder.
What do you think of these Creamy Garlic Mushroom-Stuffed Bread loaves? Are there any other fillings you think you’d like to try in this bread, or any other ingredients you’d like to see? What about chicken, or peppers, or even some bacon? Do you think you’ll give it a try? Tell us if you take this recipe for a spin and how it turns out for you!
Recipe adapted from Kitchen Sanctuary