Father’s Day is right around the corner. Having trouble coming up with ideas that are fit for Dad but won’t break your budget? I’ve compiled some ideas that might help spark your creativity a bit. I’ve also added a few extra goodies, like freebies you can take advantage of and a sweepstakes you can enter for the chance to win a $50 Amazon gift card. Enjoy!
Knit Him Something Special
Use your knitting skills to make Dad something that’s a little more creative than the standard Father’s Day tie gift. Why not try your hand at one of these simple ideas that are sure to be appreciated?
- Bottle Cozy: knit him a cozy that’s perfect for keeping the condensation off of his hands when he’s drinking his favorite beer or soda our of a can or bottle. Use his favorite color(s) to give it an even more personal touch. You can even make one that’s perfect for his morning coffee.
- Argyle Socks: Dad will think of your every time he puts on these cozy handmade socks!
- Ribbed Hat: this isn’t too difficult to make and will be great for Dad to show off whenever it’s a little chilly outside.
Use Those Crafting Skills
- Make a Daddy Caddy: use a recycled coffee can to make a decorative tool caddy for Dad to store things like nuts and bolts for DIY projects.
- Golfer’s Survival Kit: if your dad is as avid a golfer as mine, he’ll certainly appreciate this cool golfer’s survival kit. This site gives you some ideas for what to include in yours.
- Photos for His Desk: give Dad something that he can show off on his desk at his office at work. This cute photo cube is one idea, but use your creativity!
- Other Homemade Ideas: a personalized blanket, a cool scrapbook or a duct tape wallet may be the way to go this Father’s Day.
A Freshly-Detailed Car
Dad is bound to get excited about finding his car completely detailed, inside and out, on Father’s Day. All you need are some homemade cleaners and a little free time. Here are the tips that can help you out:
- Make Your Own Car Cleaning Products
- DIY Windshield Cleaner
- 8 Unintimidating DIY Car Maintenance Tips
- 7 Ways to Use Baking Soda for Car Care
- Tip Hero’s Ultimate Guide to Homemade Cleaners
Crafts for Kids
Every Dad loves something that’s been handmade by his children, even if it’s not very practical. Here are some cool sites that have some great craft ideas for kids specifically for Dad’s big day:
- Father’s Day Crafts from Kids from Family Crafts
- Father’s Day Crafts from FamilyFun
- Father’s Day Crafts for Kids from Martha Stewart
- Easy Father’s Day Crafts from Better Homes and Gardens
Father’s Day Freebies
- TCBY: head to your local TCBY location to pick up a free frozen yogurt on Father’s Day!
- Free Personalized Cards: send dad a free Father’s Day photo card from Cardstore.com. Just enter in coupon code LUVDAD2 at checkout after you’ve selected you card. Offer is good through June 8th and shipping is also free.
- Make Your Own Free Cards: print your own cards for free from one of these 20 great sites.
- Vistaprint Freebies: find free customizable gifts, like business cards, mugs, t-shirts and more over at Vistaprint.
Win a $50 Amazon Gift Card to Use for Dad’s Gift
Enter below for the chance to win a $50 Amazon gift card to use for Father’s Day if you’d like! Tell us what you’d use it for to gain a bonus entry. You can also gain more entries by liking us on Facebook or following us on Twitter!
And just in case you’re still not inspired, here are some other Tip Hero tips that could spark some ideas: