If you’re looking for something to bring to a Fourth of July barbecue or if you’re scrambling to find a dessert for your own party spread, look no further! We have got a perfectly patriotic dessert recipe for you. And guess what? It doesn’t have to be made from scratch! It only LOOKS like it was made from scratch. In reality, you’re using a store bought pound cake to create this gorgeous red, white, and blue trifle. Your party guests are going to love it! Watch the video below to see how it’s made.
If you’re unsure what a trifle is, it’s a layered desserts which usually features cake and fruits in between layers of whipped cream. Translation: it’s summertime perfection.
While you may be cheating a little buying the pound cake and your berries (although unless you live on a farm and berries are readily available in your backyard, most of us will have to), you’re still making your cream layer at home. Don’t worry, it’s still SUPER easy to make and the end result will be well worth it.
What do you think of this simple Fourth of July recipe? Share your thoughts in the comments section below.
RED, WHITE, AND BLUE TRIFLE
- 2 cups heavy cream
- Instant vanilla pudding
- 1 cup Crème fraîche
- 1 cup whole milk
- Pound cake
- Fresh berries
- Mint sprigs
- Lemon zest
- Start by whipping your heavy cream until soft peaks form.
- In a separate bowl, combine you instant pudding, your Crème fraîche, and your milk. Whisk together. Fold in the whipped heavy cream to finish.
- Take your pound cake and start by slicing it evenly. Then cube it.
- In a trifle dish layer like so: cake cubes, fruit, pudding mixture. Repeat three times.
- Let the trifle sit in the fridge for two hours.
- Garnish with a layer of berries, a sprig of mint, and some lemon zest.