I read somewhere that mice don’t like the smell of mint. Well I grow mint in my garden but I didn’t want it strewn throughout my house so here’s what I do. I take a windex bottle and fill it 3/4 with water and add rubbing alcohol to almost fill the rest of the bottle. Add a good amount of peppermint essential oil, maybe 20-30 drops. You can also put a few drops of spearmint oil in also if you want, but that’s not necessary…just for esthetics. Shake (the alcohol helps dispense the oils) and then spray along the bottoms of your walls or wherever you see mice. Not only does your house smell fresh but I swear the mice hate it. It works for me, even in the basement!
Most Popular Tips
- You’ve Been Cutting Cake Wrong Your Whole Life
- 10 Impressive Life Hacks That Will Knock Your Socks Off
- Secret Markdown Codes at Walmart, Costco & Target
- 5 Reasons Your Cable Bill is So Expensive
- 8 Secrets You Didn’t Know About Shopping at Target
- 13 Things That Make Your Monthly Bills More Expensive
- 7 Ways to Dress Up Your Boxed Mac & Cheese
- TipHero’s Free Recipe eBook to Making Homemade Cleaners
- The Truth About Using Debit vs. Credit
- How to Save Hundreds on Travel with One Word
Money Saving Searches
Share this with others by clicking on the buttons below.