A classic Christmas candy tradition. This white & dark peppermint bark is so easy to make – just 10 minutes of prep time. It makes for a great gift to bring to friends or family for the holidays.
- 12 ounces quality white chocolate
- 12 ounces quality dark chocolate
- 1/2 cup crushed peppermint candy
- Line a 9×12 pan with parchment paper.
- Melt the dark chocolate using either the double boil or microwave methods. Stir until you have a smooth creamy consistancy.
- Pour the melted dark chocolate on the parchment paper, spread the chocolate out until it is about 1/3″ thick. I use a spatula and will gently hit the pan on the countertop to spread out the chocolate.
- Melt your white chocolate using the same steps above. Once consistency is correct pout it over the dark chocolate trying to keep the same level of thickness as you have with the dark chocolate. It’s better to pour on the white chocolate sooner rather than later as the softer thickness is easier to work with.
- Take your peppermint mints or candy canes and put them in a zipblock back. With a rolling pin, meat tendorizer or hammer whack the candy inside the bag until you have pieces the size you want them. Then sprinkle them immediately over the white chocolate.
- Let the chocolates harden in the refrigerator for 2 hours, then break the candy into pieces. You can try and score the candy with a pizza or pastry pin wheel to try for some uniformity in size.
Here’s a great video from 15 Spatulas showing how easy it is to make peppermint bark: