There’s nothing quite so easy and delicious to make as Sloppy Joes. And wouldn’t it be amazing if you could serve Sloppy Joes to your kids without them getting too…well… sloppy? This recipe contains the magic of Sloppy Joes in a biscuit that you can eat with fork for dinner. Think of these bites as mini meat pies. And they’re so easy to make, we’re sure they’ll make it into your dinner rotation:
Here’s what you need to make them:
-2 canned biscuits, 8 or 10 count
-1 lb. ground beef, browned
-15 oz. can sloppy joe mix or homemade sloppy joe mix
-1 to 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
And here’s what you do:
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. While it’s preheating, lightly grease muffin tin with a nonstick cooking spray.
- Brown your beef in a skillet and drain. Add the sauce to the beef and let simmer while you roll out your dough.
- Roll out your biscuits on a floured surface. Press each biscuit gently into muffin tin wells.
- Drop a spoonful of meat sauce into each biscuit and press all the way into the well. If desired, top each meat biscuit with some shredded cheese.
- Baked in preheated oven for about 10-12 minutes. Biscuits should look golden brown on the top.
- Remove from oven and let cool. Serve with fresh fruit or veggies to make a complete meal that your kids will ask for again and again.