When it comes to laundry, dryer sheets are a lifesaver. What else can get your clothes so fresh, so soft, and static-free, no matter how dirty they were before? Nothing but those little sheets of wonder. But your dryer sheets don’t just have your back in the laundry room. It’s a little known fact that dryer sheets can be used around the house to make your smelliest areas springtime fresh! And we mean your smelliest areas. Check out these seven brilliant ways that you can use your humble dryer sheets to transform the scent of your home.
1. Car Freshenercar fresheners.
If you want to skip the $3, make your own car freshener using dryer sheets! Take an old Tupperware container and cut a few slits in the top. Stick a straw or toothpick in between the slits to keep them open, then throw about ten dryer sheets inside. Just make sure the change out your DIY freshener every couple weeks or so.
2. Packed Clothespacked clothes, which are rolled and jostled around for a hours at a time, cramped in that tiny little space. Can you say musty? To keep your clothes smelling fresh on every business trip or vacation, put a dryer sheet at the bottom of your suitcase (so your clothes will get packed on top) and at the top of your case.
Every time you open up your suitcase, you’ll get a fresh, comforting scent that reminds you of home!
3. Garbage Binsstink up your space.
Avoid that by throwing a dryer sheet in the bottom of each garbage can; you can even put a sheet in the bottom of your empty garbage bag if you really want to show those smells who’s boss.
4. Air Conditionercentral air, place a couple sheets under the base of your air filter to get a cool scent that travels around your whole house.
5. Quick Duster
6. Toilet Paper Roll
Always have a backup plan by wrapping your empty toilet paper holder in three or four dryer sheets before putting a roll on. This will let out a burst of freshness every time you pull from the roll.
7. Closet Freshenermustiness out and keep your clothes smelling fresh for weeks at a time!
Do you use dryer sheets to keep your house fresh? How do you use them? Share your thoughts in the comments section below