There is so much going on in this cookie. All amazing things, of course. The flaky, pastry dough – the rich, indulgent cream cheese – the sweet chocolate chips – who said there could ever be too much of a good thing? While these cookies look a little complicated to make, never fear, they’re super easy to pull together and they come out looking amazing. While a crunchy, flaky exterior and a soft, chewy inside, your friends and family will not be able to get enough of these chocolate chip cream cheese Danish cookies! Watch the video below to learn the recipe.
Is it a Danish? Is it a cookie? Will you care when you’re finishing off a whole plateful of these bad boys? Absolutely not.
CHOCOLATE CHIP CREAM CHEESE DANISH COOKIES
– 2 sheets of puff pastry dough (from a one pound, more or less) package.
– 8 oz cream cheese brought to room temperature
– 1/4 white sugar
– 1/2 tsp vanilla
– 2 cups of chocolate chips
2. Cream together the cream cheese, sugar and vanilla.
3. Roll out the puff pastry dough (using half the package) so that you get a rough rectangle that is approximately 10×14″.
4. Spread one half of the cream cheese on the rolled out dough to within one inch of the edges.
5. Sprinkle with one cup of the chocolate chips (more or less to taste).
6. Roll the dough up starting from the long side of the rectangle.
7. Seal up the edges by gently pressing the dough together.
8. Repeat with remaining dough and cream cheese mixture.
9. Chill dough logs for about 15 minutes.
10. Slice logs into one inch pieces and place on a parchment or silicone mat covered cookie sheet cut side up.
11. Leave at least 1.5 inches in between the cookies.
12. Bake at 375 F for 20-25 minutes until browned.
13. Drizzle with melted chocolate if desired.