Are you ready for one of the tastiest, healthiest snacks you’ve ever seen? Then take another look at the humble chickpea. The protein-rich legume is totally tasty, the perfect food for a snack, a side, or a salad topping— especially when you make them like we do in this recipe! Watch and learn this easy recipe for roasted, spicy, crispy chickpeas that’ll have you bidding chips and croutons goodbye.
Follow us on Pinterest >> Tip Hero
CRISPY ROASTED CHICKEPEAS
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Total Time: 35 minutes
–1-15-ounce can chickpeas
–1-½ tablespoons olive oil
–½ teaspoon kosher salt
–2 teaspoons curry powder (or any seasonings of your choice)
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit (205 degrees Celsius). Position the oven rack in the middle of the oven.
- Rinse and drain the chickpeas. Using a clean dish towel, pat the chickpeas dry. Remove any loose skins that come off during drying. The chickpeas should feel dry to the touch.
- Place the chickpeas on a sheet pan. Add the olive oil and salt, and mix well to evenly coat the chickpease.
- Roast in the oven for 20 to 30 minutes, stirring the pan every 10 minutes, until golden brown and crispy on the outside.
- Remove the chickpeas from the oven and sprinkle with curry powder. Mix well and serve warm.
So easy, so good. Have you ever roasted chickpeas before? Which seasonings would you use in this recipe? What other healthy snacks do you enjoy?
Recipe adapted from the kitchn