Have you ever longed to wander the streets of Diagon Alley or Hogsmeade, getting chosen by your wand and buying the latest Gilderoy Lockhart book before ducking into the Leaky Cauldron or the Three Broomsticks and wrapping your hands around a magically delicious beverage? Or – if absolutely nothing in that last sentence makes any sense to you – do you just love finding new nonalcoholic and tasty drinks for the whole family to enjoy? You might not be able to learn to Apparate or brew Felix Felicis – or you might never understand the lure of the Harry Potter world – but you can learn how to bring a little bit of magical drinks into the real world. That’s right— today we’re making Copycat Butterbeer! It’s a sweet and fizzy drink both wizards and Muggles, book-devotees and movie-lovers, fans and non-fans alike can enjoy and easily learn to make. Just watch the “magic” unfold.
Follow us on Pinterest >> Tip Hero
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Total Time: 5 minutes
- 4½ teaspoons imitation butter flavor, divided
- 6 – 12-ounce bottles cream soda, chilled
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 6 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 6 – 16-ounce glasses or mugs
- Hand mixer
- Place ½ teaspoon of butter flavor into each of the 6 glass. Pour a 12-ounce cream soda into each glass and stir gently.
- In a large bowl, whip the heavy cream until it starts to thicken.
- Add the sugar and whip until soft peaks form.
- Stir in the vanilla and the remaining 1½ teaspoons of butter flavor, and whip another 30 seconds, until soft peaks form.
- Add a generous dollop of the cream to each glass and stir gently. Serve immediately.
So simple and so good! When you can’t make it to the theme parks or the movie set tour, this beverage is one of the best, easiest ways to make the magic come alive. And if you’re not a fan, it’s still pretty delicious! What do you think of it? Are you a Harry Potter fan, or have you never understood the appeal? What other literary or film food and drink would you like to try in real life?
Recipe adapted from Bakingdom