If you’ve ever taken a long car trip, chances are you’ve stopped for a rest and a meal at a Cracker Barrel. Their “old country style” dishes are filling and satisfying even when you haven’t been in a vehicle for 8 hours, so it’s welcome news that the ladies at Gooseberry Patch have come up with a copycat version of their Hash Brown Casserole. Give it a try!
– 32 ounce package frozen hash brown potatoes, thawed
– Salt and pepper to taste
– 10 3/4 ounce can cream of chicken soup
– 16 ounce container sour cream
– 1/2 cup butter, melted
– 1/2 cup onion, chopped
– 8 ounce package shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Grease a 13-inch-by-9-inch baking pan.
- Place the hash brown potatoes in the baking pan and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Set aside.
- In a bowl, stir together the soup, sour cream, melted butter and onion.
- Spread the soup mixture over potatoes and stir gently.
- Sprinkle with the cheddar cheese.
- Bake uncovered for 45 to 55 minutes, until bubbly and golden.