No matter who you are, no matter where you live, one thing is for certain: we all have a dream house. You know, that home that you can picture yourself living in one day with its blue shutters, wrap-around porch, and flawless decor? We’ve all got one vision or another of the perfect abode that we’d live in if we won a million dollars.
The operative phrase when it comes all of our dream homes? “One day.” The dream house is something we picture for the future, which makes it seem like an unachievable thing.
Well, here’s a news flash: You can have your dream house right now! All you need are these 23 clever home design ideas to take your humble abode to the next level.
1. Coffee Stationa coffee station is an absolute must. We love the rustic take on this station and the blackboard background.
2. Staircase Storagespace-saving trick of stashing your belongings in a staircase, whether it’s in pull-out drawers or shelves, for a very trendy touch.
3. Deck the Ceilingmake the room appear larger is to deck out your ceiling. Whether it’s a fresh coat of paint or a fabulous wallpaper, this is a quick way to make your home instantly cool.
4. Under-Bed Storageyour bed is prime for storage, no matter what you’re storing. Be it shoes, DVDs, or books, showing off your under-bed storage is the key to allowing this idea to elevate your space.
5. Faux Marblestick-on marble paper.
6. Re-Vamped Couch Legsworth a million bucks.
7. Golden Drawers
8. All of the Spray Paintusing spray paint…on everything. Old chairs, lamp shades, lighting fixtures — you name it, spray paint can make it look amazing.
9. Updated Knobs
10. Fur Detailswhite fur rugs that can really transform any room.
11. Create a She (or He) Shed
Sometimes, the most perfect part of home isn’t actually IN your home. One of our design obsessions are “she sheds“; transformed sheds to give you a little private space away from home. Think a “man cave” but completely designed to your personal tastes.
12. Built-In Bunks
13. Kitchen Sink Jets
14. Secret Reading Nook
15. Rooftop Porch
16. Garbage and Recycling Chutes
17. Backyard Tree House
18. Fireplace Seatinga nice, roaring fireplace. Well, maybe there is! Adding stone seats next to your fireplace is the makings of many amazing nights.
19. Doggie Bed Wallyour dog one lousy bed, give them their own room! Use under-the-stair space to give your dog their own private space. It’s not just your dream house, after all!
20. Extra Counter Space
21. One Comfy Shower
22. Floor Vacuum
23. Secret Room
What do you think about these home design ideas? How do you picture your dream house? Share your thoughts in the comments section below.