Sometimes the tastiest dishes are the absolute simplest— and what’s more simple and more basic than toast? Don’t worry, we trust that you know how to toast bread, so we’re not here to demonstrate how to use your toaster. Instead, we’re just sharing a sweet, simple way to add some extra flavor to your easy breakfast: with some homemade cinnamon butter and a touch of broiled, melted goodness. This is truly a dish anybody can do, and you’re going to love it. Check it out!
Follow us on Pinterest >> Tip Hero
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Total Time: 10 minutes
–4 slices whole wheat bread
–¼ cup butter, softened
–¼ cup granulated sugar
–2 teaspoons cinnamon
–⅛ teaspoon nutmeg
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit (175 degrees Celsius). Place a wire rack on top of a baking sheet.
- In a small bowl, combine the softened butter, sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg. Mix until well combined. Set aside.
- Place the slices of bread on the wire rack. Place in the oven and toast until slightly brown, flipping halfway.
- Remove from the oven and spread ¼ of the cinnamon butter on each slice of toast. Turn oven to broil and broil the toast until golden brown and bubbling.
- Remove from the oven, cut and serve.
Simple, delicious, and the perfect way to start the day. Have you ever made toast like this cinnamon-butter kind before?
Recipe adapted from A Feast For The Eyes