Do you ever get that craving for something just a little sweet, but don’t want to give in to the temptation of a candy bar or cookie? We do ALL the time. Our latest way of dealing with temptation: Cinnamon Sugar Twists! These delightful snacks are the perfect antidote to those three-in-the-afternoon cravings, especially since YOU can decide how much cinnamon and sugar you want to sprinkle on them. When you throw in crescent rolls, it’s one of the easiest, just-sweet-enough snacks ever. Check it out!
Follow us on Pinterest >> Tip Hero
CINNAMON SUGAR TWISTS
–3 tablespoons sugar
–2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
–1 – 8-ounce can crescent rolls
–3 tablespoons melted butter
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit (190 degrees Celsius).
- Mix the sugar and cinnamon together.
- Roll out the crescent rolls and separate into 4 equal rectangles. Close the gaps in the dough by pressing the seams of the triangles together.
- Brush all 4 dough rectangles with the melted butter.
- Sprinkle half of the cinnamon-sugar mixture onto 2 of the dough pieces.
- Place the plain dough pieces on top of the ones sprinkled with the cinnamon-sugar. Press down the dough to seal the two pieces together.
- Cut each sealed rectangle lengthwise into 6 long strips.
- Hold one strip with one end in each hand, and give it 3 or 4 twists. Repeat with the remaining 11 strips.
- Bake the spiraled strips for 12 to 15 minutes, or until golden brown.
- After baking and while the twists are still hot, brush each strip again with the leftover butter, then roll in the remaining cinnamon-sugar.
Easy and sweet! These twists would make a perfect snack for a brunch, tea, or wedding or baby shower. Have you ever tried making anything similar?