Who doesn’t love chicken Parm? The breaded chicken covered in melted cheese and tomato sauce is easy to assemble, uses ingredients most of us have on hand, and satisfies so many cravings. So how do we make it easier and make a whole bunch for everybody who wants it? Turn it into a casserole! It’s easier than you might think, and SO tasty. Watch and give it a try!
Follow us on Pinterest >> Tip Hero
CHICKEN PARMESAN CASSEROLE
Serves 6 to 8
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 50 minutes
– 2 pounds chicken thighs, diced
– ½ teaspoon kosher salt
– ¼ teaspoon black pepper
– ½ teaspoon garlic powder
– 1 – 24-ounce jar marinara sauce
– ½ cup shredded Parmesan
– 1½ cups shredded mozzarella cheese
– 1 cup panko, toasted
– 2 tablespoons olive oil
– ¼ cup fresh herbs (parsley, basil, oregano, etc.), chopped
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit (175 degrees Celsius). Spray an 11½-inch-by-7½-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- Place the chopped chicken into the pan and season with salt, pepper and garlic powder.
- Pour the marinara sauce over the top and stir to mix. Sprinkle the two cheeses over the top of the chicken and sauce.
- In a small bowl, combine the panko, herbs and olive oil. Spread the seasoned panko evenly over the top of the cheese layer.
- Cover with foil and bake for 30 minutes. Remove foil and continue to bake for an additional 15 minutes, until the chicken has cooked through and the casserole has begun to brown and is bubbling. Serve over spaghetti.
You can also make this recipe ahead of time and freeze it it! Just let it thaw in you refrigerator overnight, then bake. How easy is that?! Have you ever made chicken Parm this way before? What do you think of this casserole?
Recipe adapted from Thriving Home