When the weekdays have got your head spinning, don’t attempt a death-defying dinner – and don’t order takeout either! You can make a delicious, healthy, home cooked meal on the weekdays without stressing yourself out. The perfect example? Sheet dinners. Using five simple, fresh ingredients, you can cook up a whole dinner on one baking sheet! Does it get any better than that? Try this chicken fennel bake for a fantastic combination of flavors using only five ingredients.
As with most Pioneer Women sheet dinners, the five ingredients don’t include “cheat” ingredients, which are basically pantry staples like salt, paper, and olive oil.
Otherwise, you have five ingredients to experiment with! Have some fun with dinner. Play with the texture and flavor combinations of different foods, and don’t be afraid to make some mistakes. Whether it comes out how you anticipated or not, you’ll have a new creation for your family to enjoy!
What do you think of this simple sheet dinner? If you like this meal, you’ll want to check out three more of our favorite sheet dinners here.
CHICKEN AND FENNEL BAKE
– Salt and Pepper
– Lemon zest
– Lemon slices
– Lemon juice
– Olive oil
– Baby carrots
– Baby potatoes
2. Zest a lemon over your fennel. Add salt and pepper to taste.
3. Squeeze the remainder of the lemon into a separate bowl. Then whisk in some olive oil. Put in your carrots, potatoes, and the slices of your extra lemons, and cover them in the mixture thoroughly. Spoon them around the perimeter of the baking sheet.
4. Put the extra lemon zest on your chicken with some salt and pepper. Toss the chicken so it’s fully coated in the spices. Put them right on top of the fennel.
5. Bake at 375 F. for 50 minutes to one hour. Let cool for 30 minutes once cooked.
6. When removed from the oven and cooled, stir the potatoes and carrots to make sure they’re cooked. Bake for 30 more minutes before serving.