We all know we need to eat more vegetables, but we also all get sick of the same old steamed side dishes after a while. Even veggies as delicious as broccoli start to feel a little basic, but at the same time, we don’t want to turn them into something so complicated we don’t want to make it in the first place. The perfect compromise? These broccoli cheese bites from Diana DeLaFuente! Watch how easy they are to make, and more importantly, how tasty they look!
– 2 heads broccoli, steamed and chopped
– 2 cups grated cheddar cheese
– 1 1/2 cups bread crumbs
– 3 beaten eggs
– 1/4 cup milk (if needed)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, mix all the ingredients together until well-integrated. Add the milk if you feel you need it.
- Use an ice cream scoop to scoop out balls of the mixture. Use your hands to shape each ball into a patty and place on the lined cookie sheet.
- Bake for 15 minutes, then take out of the oven and flip each patty over. Bake for another 15 minutes until the patties are brown on both sides.
So easy, right? You can also make a large batch and freeze them for an easy, make-ahead side dish. What do you think of these broccoli patties? Have you ever made anything like them before?