I won’t lie to you guys— when I first read the words “button tree,” I was pretty skeptical. But this homemade art from Crafts by Amanda is both easy-to-make and totally beautiful! Gather up all those extra buttons floating around your home, grab some 3-D paint, and add some branches of colorful, textured fun to your walls.
– Canvas, about 20 inches by 24 inches, or your preferred size
– Pastel spray paints in blue, purple, pink and yellow
– Brown metallic finish paint
– 3-Dimensional paint in brown, black and white earth tones (Crafts by Amanda uses Jacquard Lumiere 3-D Paint in Black, Brass, Bright Copper and Gold Pearl)
– Buttons, in a variety of sizes, types and your favorite colors
– Craft glue
- Spray paint your canvas, using all four colors of spray paint until you have a background for your tree that makes you happy. Let it dry for about 1 hour.
- Sketch your tree onto the canvas using a pencil.
- Paint the tree with the brown metallic finish paint, using a liner brush on your thinner branches.
- Give the tree a textured effect by filling in the trunk and tracing the branches with thin lines of the 3-D paint.
- Glue the buttons all over the canvas, lining the branches with them and saving the smallest buttons for the outer edges.