One of our favorite parts about spring is springtime brunches! Brunching is fun all year round, of course, but it just seems the most fun when the weather is nice and you and your friends don’t have to wear a million layers just to enjoy your mimosas. We would like to celebrate the official start of brunching season with this amazing brunch recipe: ham and cheese bread boats, brought to us by the Domestic Geek. Watch the video below and learn how you can add this savory breakfast item to your brunch arsenal.
These boats are essentially quiche…only better because they’re in hollowed out baguettes. Nothing wrong with that.
Best of all, these boats are really simple to make and come out looking super fancy! So the next time you’re hosting brunch, prepare to blow your friends away with these delicious, classy, and simple bread boats.
BREAKFAST BREAD BOATS
– 4-6 slices deli ham, chopped
– 1 cup Swiss cheese, grated
– 6 eggs
– 4 tbsp milk or cream
– 2 tbsp chives, chopped
– 2 demi baguettes OR 1 whole baguette
2. Using a sharp serrated knife cut a V shape into the top of each baguette.
3. In a large measuring cup whisk eggs, milk, salt and pepper.
4. Fill each bread ‘boat’ with ham and Swiss cheese. Slowly pour egg mixture into each cavity being sure not to let them overflow. Top with chives.
5. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until the egg is completely set. Serve immediately.