When you’re craving a filling, down-home, and totally satisfying breakfast – one that would work just as well for lunch, dinner, or any meal in between – two immediately come to mind: a breakfast casserole, and good ol’ biscuits and gravy. So how would you feel if we told you could have both at once? It’s totally possible, thanks to the mad geniuses over at Tasty Food. Take a look at the ridiculously tempting thing they’ve created.
–One 12-ounce tube refrigerated biscuits
–1/2 cup milk
–1/2 teaspoon pepper
–1/2 teaspoon salt
–1 pound cooked sausage
–1 cup shredded cheese
–4 tablespoons butter
–4 tablespoons flour
–Salt and pepper to taste
–2 cups milk
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Grease a 9-inch-by-13-inch glass baking dish.
- Cut each biscuit into 8 pieces, and set aside.
- In a bowl, mix the eggs, 1/2 cup of milk, 1/2 teaspoon of salt and 1/2 teaspoon pepper, and set aside.
- Begin making the gravy by melting the butter in a saucepan. Stir in the flour, salt, and pepper, then slowly add the 2 cups of milk. Simmer, stirring, until it’s thickened.
- In the baking dish, layer the biscuits, sausage, cheese, egg mixture and gravy.
- Bake for 35 to 45 minutes, until the eggs on the bottom are cooked.
This dish looks insane— and I can’t wait to try it. How do you feel about it? Do you love the idea of combining casseroles with biscuits-and-gravy, or is that too much for you? Have any of you seen a dish like it before?