Chicken tenders aren’t just for kids anymore. Oh no. These chicken strips are all grown-up, and they’ve graduated to a main entrée that is anything but a last-minute, only-thing-in-the-fridge kind of meal. You’ll WANT to make these, because after all— who can resist baked Parmesan and spicy Panko bread batter? Not us! Watch how we make Baked Parmesan Chicken Strips, and treat yourself to a dish that’ll make your kids jealous.
Follow us on Pinterest >> Tip Hero
BAKED PARMESAN CHICKEN STRIPS
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
– 2 pounds chicken tenders
– 1 cup buttermilk
– 2-½ cups Panko bread crumbs, toasted
– ½ cup Parmesan cheese, grated
– 1 tablespoon salt
– 2 teaspoons black pepper
– 4 teaspoons garlic powder
– 2-½ teaspoons onion powder
– 2 teaspoons Cayenne pepper
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit (205 degrees Celsius). Line a sheet pan with parchment paper and spray with pan spray.
- In a small bowl, make a spice mixture by combining the salt, pepper, garlic, onion powder and cayenne pepper.
- Add the buttermilk and 1 tablespoon of the spice mixture to a bowl and mix well.
- Add the chicken tenders to the spiced buttermilk and coat completely. Let them sit for at least 15 minutes and up to 30 minutes.
- Stir the remaining spice mix, Parmesan cheese and toasted Panko together in a shallow dish.
- Remove the chicken tenders from the buttermilk and dredge in the Panko mixture. Coat both sides of each chicken tender evenly.
- Place the breaded chicken tenders on the prepared sheet pan. Spray with pan spray and bake for 20 minutes, flipping halfway. Finish the tenders under the broiler for extra crispiness.
How good do these look? So much better than those bland lunchroom chicken nuggets. Do you have your own ways of dressing up chicken tenders into a delicious meal?