When it comes to baked dishes, eggs are usually the supporting players, mixed into doughs and batters as everything from a binding agent to a moisturizer to an addition of structure and color. Plus, they taste great! Don’t you think it’s time they were the star of the show? The perfect showcase for this versatile ingredient: Italian Baked Eggs from Gemma’s Bigger Bolder Baking! This hearty and delicious dish is the perfect addition to your brunch or breakfast, any time of the year. Watch and see for yourself how great this meal looks AND how easy it is!
– 4 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
– 1 medium onion coarsely chopped
– 3 cloves garlic thinly sliced
– 1 teaspoon hot chili flakes
– One 14-ounce can tomatoes, crushed
– 8 large eggs
– 1/4 cup grated cheddar or Parmigiano Reggiano
– Shredded basil
– Salt and pepper
What a lovely and satisfying start to the day! You can get the full printable recipe over on the Gemma’s Bigger Bolder Baking site, so try it out and tell us what you think!