When fall comes around, there’s nothing better than a nice soup or stew to warm up your insides. Those homemade soups and stews are even better when you can simply take them out of the freezer and heat them up. Here are some great recipes to try out that are perfect for freezing:
- Creamy Carrot Soup: you need little more than carrots and seasoning to make this quick and easy soup. It takes less than an hour to make altogether and can easily be frozen for meal for another day.
- Hearty Beef Stew: one of my favorite fall/winter meals ever is beef stew from the crockpot. That smell that wafts through my home as it’s cooking is what I imagine heaven smells like. This Food Network recipe suggests using a Dutch oven, but you can easily use a slow cooker if desired.
- Butternut Squash: this very autumny recipe makes use of fall’s seasonal produce.
- Southwest Black Bean Soup: here’s a delicious and cheap meal to prepare. Keep a stock of this in your freezer for busy nights when you need a hearty (and quick) meal.
- Crockpot Pasta Fagioli: this yummy recipes (based on Olive Garden’s Pasta E. Fagioli) yield plenty of leftovers that you’ll be able to freeze.
Find more inspired recipe ideas over at Wise Bread’s 9 Savory Soups That Make Perfect Freezer Meals for Fall.